Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Blogtober? Sure, why not!

Blogtober. Blog-what? With the many things I'm already facing and the challenges I've already set (okay well the one other one anyway), I've decided to jump head first into another one. Because... I like Fall and I like challenges and I need to start blogging (on my five different blogs --- apparently) again. And maybe this will make me more productive than just sitting here playing FreeCell and watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians and realizing I didn't do anything with my day.


So today we'll do a bit of catching up since it's been awhile since I last updated.

I know I was suppose to stick to this blog and document my journey and everything that was going on but... it just didn't really work out that way for some reason. Not that I didn't have anything to talk about --- I had plenty to talk about but I just never got around to writing any of those entries. And now, looking back, I wish I had. Even if the whole entry was pretty much a tweet. Just something to remember this journey by.

So Fall is here. Just not here. Because it's basically year round summer in Florida. It's like, summer without the rain. That's pretty much our Fall and Winter here. Except in January when it actually gets REALLY cold. So since I don't get that crisp air, or the trees shedding their leaves, I tend to surround myself with Fall themed things or places. Like sipping on a Pumpkin Spice Frapp with caramel sauce. Tastes just like a pie! My favorite! Panera's Pumpkin cookies are also my favorite, I love the icing. They rolled out a new flatbread sandwich with turkey, cranberry and spinach and OMG, it's amazing. Dipped in the Autumn Squash Soup? Yes. Fall, in your mouth! I can't wait to go back and get it again! I've fallen out of love with PB because they haven't had anything new lately, I'm so glad I stumbled on this when I did. Seriously, that sandwich is amazing. Stocked up on a serious amount of Caramel Apple candy from the Halloween section at Target. I haven't tried any yet, but I'm thinking of doing a taste review video!

We moved into a bigger apartment which is great cause we don't feel so stuffed up but I still have a ton of sorting and tossing and fixing up to do. Lots of stuff still need to find a home for. 

There was an earthquake back home that was I think a 6.0 and it was 3 miles away from St. Helena which is really close to Napa which is really close to Vallejo. And it's so strange because we've never had an earthquake from that area before. It usually comes from the San Fran side. And a 6 is pretty strong. I saw it break on Facebook then on Twitter. Called my mom and made sure everything was okay back home. She said everyone is fine, nothing is broken and the girls are okay. It's just my brother's dog Joy that was frantic. But at least everything is okay. Still, that's pretty scary. And they had aftershocks all week. If you hate earthquakes, don't move to California! Personally, I kind of like them. I like them better than standing in a hurricane at least.

We went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this year again and I actually dressed up! As a Scarecrow! There were WAYYYY too many people this year but I did meet a bunch of really cool people dressed in Kingdom Hearts cosplay and we managed to get a ton of candy (that we're not going to eat --- let's be real) and it was an okay time. I got to take a bunch of pictures with my YSBH sign and stuff... but it wasn't as great as last year. I think because it was so crowded this year and most people didn't even know what they were doing. 

As far as everything else goes; I've been a bit stressed out this weekend and I haven't been feeling all that well this week. I've been disoriented and dizzy and I keep waking up with headaches. I got antibiotics for my throat because I had a small trace of Strep so I have to take that 2x a day along with the rest of my medication and it's just.... a lot. My mom says that nothing should really be impacting anything else I'm taking and I should be fine. Maybe it's just me tripping myself out. Or the stress. I just need to breathe and relax and just... I need to clean this office actually and this living room because I'm not feeling very zen right now and it's sort of frustrating me. I have this huge closet and I need to start putting things away and building my drawers so I can either decide to get another set of drawers to stack on top or get the long one that's like a closet. I need to see how big it is first and if it'll fit in my closet without making it look cluttered. I'm suppose to be turning this place into a relaxing nest and I haven't really been doing much of anything lately. Just trying to adjust to the medication and stuff. 

So here's to hopefully keeping up with this thing and blogging every day in October! Are you excited?! I'm kinda nervous lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment